Faculty are invited to the Spotlight on Learning: Teaching, Teams, and Technology on Monday, April 28, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Faculty Commons in Alden Library.
For planning purposes, RSVP for sessions at www.surveymonkey.com/s/SpotlightOnLearning.
The conference features faculty presentations, discussions, and demonstrations focusing on:
- Teaching with Teams—interdisciplinary course collaborations; faculty-co-teaching; service learning collaborations
- Teaching with Technology—innovative, pedagogically grounded uses of technology to promote student learning
10 – 10:50 a.m. Panel discussion on challenges and strategies of teaching with teams
11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Breakout sessions on teaching with teams (select one of the following):
- Interdisciplinary course design and team teaching
- Peer-led team learning
- Internship collaborations
12:20 – 1:30 p.m. Lunch and “TEd Talks” (featuring three short talks about Technology and Education ideas worth spreading) Lunch will be provided
1:35 – 2 p.m. Teaching with technology: Demos & discussions
2:05 – 2:30 p.m. and 2:35 – 3 p.m. Participants may choose to attend one “demo & discussion” in each of these 25-minute sessions, selecting from:
- New features of Blackboard: Overview
- New features of Blackboard: In-depth look at improved discussions and other features promoting student engagement
- Interactive technologies in the classroom
- Flipped classroom
Spotlight on Learning Planning Committee: Lori Bauer (Arts & Sciences), Dr. Laurie Hatch (co-chair; Arts & Sciences), Dr. Michael Lafreniere (Environmental Engineering Technology/Chillicothe), Dr. Lauren McMills (Chemistry/Athens), Dr. Kathleen Sullivan (Political Science/Athens), Dr. Kevin Uhalde (History/Athens), Tim Vickers (co-chair; Center for Teaching & Learning), Dr. Ping-Yuan Wang (History/Lancaster).
Conference co-sponsors are the College of Arts & Sciences, Regional Higher Education, and the Center for Teaching & Learning.