October 26, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Advising Tip | Consider a Minor or Certificate

By Sara Berens
Academic Advisor and Retention Specialist for the College of Arts & Sciences

Did you know that courses completed for College-level requirements, such as the Liberal Arts Distribution, can be used toward a minor or certificate?

Sara Berens

Sara Berens

But this will only happen if you plan accordingly. Many times students will wait to start planning their minor or certificate and while it is OK to do so, waiting could add additional coursework you weren’t expecting.

When planning for Spring Semester, be sure to ask your advisor about adding a minor and utilize those liberal arts courses to your advantage!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *