Seven College of Arts & Sciences faculty were inducted into the Ohio University Emeriti Association at a May 16 luncheon:
- Waltraud Bald—Modern Languages
- Ronald H. Isaac—Geography
- Mary K. Jordan—Linguistics/OPIE
- Ellengene H. Peterson—Biological Sciences
- Patricia Anne Porter—Modern Languages
- Michael H. Rowe—Biological Sciences
- Karin Wright—Modern Languages
According to the Compass article:
Emeriti status is awarded to those who are retired from the University but maintain an honorary title corresponding to that held immediately before retirement. Those who earn this award are able to become a dues-paying member of the Ohio University Emeriti Association.
The Ohio University Emeriti Association is a non-profit association consisting of those faculty and administrative presidential appointees who have completed a period of meritorious service to Ohio University and have been awarded Emeritus or Emerita status, according to the Association’s website.